OPEN CALL: HEROES HUB YOUTH EMPOWERMENT SUMMIT
The Heroes Hub Youth Empowerment Summit is an annual gathering of youth leaders aimed to inspire the youth towards the pursuit of the ideals of heroism. Designed as a hub that engages young people into a critical discourse on pressing social issues, the summit endeavours to be a platform for formulating, exchanging, and collaborating creative ideas, innovations and practical solutions for societal concerns, and developing strategic actions, towards building a true nation of heroes.
The Youth Empowerment Summit takes place every year to open the Human Rights Festival and in time for the national celebration of the heroism of Andres Bonifacio, the father of the Philippine Revolution. This 2018, the summit shall convene 250 youth leaders to discuss the prospects and challenges of the current state of the nation towards shaping the future of the Philippines.
The summit is a platform to engage youth leaders towards forming a broad youth movement actively involved in the protection, promotion and defense of rights, freedoms and dignity and to empower the youth as advocates for a rights-based governance agenda in the 2019 National Elections.
YOUTH SUMMIT OBJECTIVES
1. Equip youth leaders with the understanding of Human Rights, & Democracy and the current challenges in the protection, promotion and defense of rights, freedoms and dignity through popular education approaches utilizing arts, media and popular culture;
2. Enable platforms for youth leaders to influence their fellow youth towards engaging in democratic and political processes in their schools, communities, and at the local, national, and global levels to strengthen the promotion of Human Rights, and Democracy;
3. Empower the youth as advocates through activities geared towards forming a broad youth movement for a human rights-based governance agenda in the 2019 National Elections.
Eligibility and Qualifications
The Heroes Hub Youth Empowerment Summit is open to all Filipino youth ages 15-35 years old who:
• are passionate and dedicated individuals who have the heart for the social advocacy cause;
• value Human Rights, Freedom, Rule of Law, Democracy and Rights-based Governance and demonstrate interest in social issues and citizen engagement;
• displays the commitment to engage their fellow youth in schools and communities, and at the local and national level to building a youth movement towards genuine social transformation;
• have leadership experience in their schools, communities or among peers (leadership position is not a requirement);
• can contribute their leadership, creativity, ideas and voice to the goals of the youth summit;
• are able to participate to the full programming of the youth summit on December 1, 2018
Register at http://bit.ly/2018HeroesHubYouthSummit