2017 ACTIVE VISTA SHORT FILM COMPETITION GUIDELINES
Active Vista calls on filmmakers to shed light on versions and visions of truth towards a tempestuous awakening of a generation that responds to the call of the times.
Active Vista seeks new revolutionaries who dare to invoke the power to inspire real change amidst the surge of a social storm drowning freedom, tearing human rights and dignity.
Active Vista looks for Human Rights themed short films whose fresh takes and innovative approaches will inspire revolutions of the mind and create movements.
- Films should not be more than 20 minutes in total running time.
- Any format is accepted- narrative, documentary, animation, etc.
- Only films that have been completed after November 2016 will be accepted.
- All entries must be independently produced.
- Anyone from the Philippines may submit. There are no limitations regarding the premiere status of the film and the production experiences of the filmmaker.
- Multiple entries from one filmmaker are allowed.
- Accomplished entry form that can be downloaded here.
- An online screener of the film (preferably unlisted on YouTube or password protected in Vimeo or other file sharing sites).
- English subtitles.
- Submitted entry should have a copy of the film in high definition format.
- All submitted films would be part of the Active Vista International Human Rights Film Festival’s archive for internal, research, or academic purposes. The films will not be shown publicly without further authorization.
- Filmmakers should have the sole and exclusive ownership of all rights related to the submitted film. Pursuant to copyright laws, video clips, images, and music used in any entry must be original, licensed, or in public domain.
- Violation to the entry regulations may result in disqualification from the competition.
- All finalists shall be required to submit the film’s final version, trailer, poster art, and other promotional materials.
- Entry form and link to the film should be sent thru email@example.com.
COMPETITION AND AWARDS
10 selected short films shall be screened during the 2017 Active Vista International Human Rights Film Festival. Top 3 films will be selected for the Active Vista Awards.
DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES IS ON
NOVEMBER 15, 2017